Monday, July 6, 2009

...In the eye of the beholder

Lately I've had a longing. A yearning for a little something in my life - to cuddle, play with and care for. When I see someone walking by with their own little guy, I can't help but run over for a play.
No, my biological clock is not in a state of overdrive - there's plenty of ticking left on that timekeeper. Rather, my cluckiness is concerned with a companion of the four-legged variety.

Having been without a pet for the last year and a half, I've found myself drawn to all the little pups that seem to be running round recently. This infatuation has led to many conversations with friends about our favourite breeds. And repeatedly, my dogs of choice have been met with disagreement, shock, and occasionally disgust. In my eyes, a dog needs to have character. Sure, golden retrievers or labs are beautiful dogs - our family pet for 16 years was a lab cross - but to me there's nothing cuter than an ugly little pooch. Boston terriers, pugs, bulldogs, chihuahuas, staffies... the weirder looking and more squished their faces are, the better. How could you say no to their big, googly, slightly cross-eyed puppy dog eyes?







1 comment:

SS said...

Pugs eyes pop out when they sneeze.......still so cute?