Thursday, November 19, 2009

found!

I visited the newly located Lost and Found Market yesterday for some last minute bits and pieces before my trip to Japan (10 days, but who's counting?). I love this place, and was devastated when I thought it had closed down. And equally excited to discover that it had merely moved to a bigger site down the street! So yesterday I was keen to see what I could unearth. Be proud of me, I could have spent oodles of dollars on the amazing treasures you can find there, but I was good. Saving my pennies for Tokyo's second hand stores - I've heard particularly good things about two areas called Shimokitazawa and Kichijoji. The fact that we only had 30 mins on the parking meter probably helped prevent the splurge that was waiting to happen... Instead I left with a booty that I am most pleased with.

Item #1, a tan leather handbag. Embossed all over, beautiful thick leather, plaited handle and leather stitching around the edges. Perfect size, clasp that works, good strap length (none of this underarm chafing). I've been searching for something like it for well over a year, and I'm in love. Every time I walk past my room and see it lying on the bed I let out a little sigh of contentment. I think this will be the start of a beautiful relationship.

Item #2 is a pair of jeans - high waisted, light denim, tapered leg - love. I was super pleased to have something a little roomy and comfy to wear while out and about all day sightseeing. But the cherry on the already towering cake came this afternoon when I was trying them on, and noticed that there was writing on the pocket. Pierre Cardin. Surely not? I thought. But after a quick inspection of the inner tag, it seems that, yes, I did score a pair of Pierre Cardin jeans (Made in Paris) for only 30 big ones. Don't mind if I do.

Did I mention I love Lost and Found Market?

No comments: