Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Shop Therefore I Am.

I'm starting a bit of a rebellion against chainstores.

Finally, some of you might say.

Lack of a job and restrictions on how much shopping I can get out and do (as well as a love of them in the first place) has made me spend a lot of time in op-shops lately. And I've found some awesome stuff! My fave is a cherry red woollen jumper with white pattern around the top. So unlike me, but i love it! and other than my mum freaking out at the start it's gotten a good reception so far. Best $8 spend ever.


Other good buys recently include a navy blue satchel, prefect size for uni - $5 at local op shop
about 5 classic books including Lady Chatterley's Lover and Peyton Place - 50c each at op shop
cute pale yellow 80s longish sleeve top - $29 at Episode
cute 1/2 sleeve cream top/dress - bit more expensive, from Meet Me At Mikes

LOVE LOVE LOVE-ing the Brunswick, Gertrude, Smith, Johnston St square. Hunter Gatherer, Episode, Somebuddy Loves you, Curious Eidolon.. ahhh heaven! and Meet Me At Mike's on Bridge Rd is just torture, I want everything in the shop! retro figurines and vintage greeting cards were teasing me, might have to go back for them at some stage...



I finish uni early tomorrow, might have to hunt down Kids in Berlin on Victoria St. Last time I drove down there I couldn't see it anywhere, but this time I'll arm myself with the shop number and I'm not coming home empty handed!

kiss hug

No comments: