Thursday, January 3, 2008

If you go down to the woods today....

It's been ridiculously hot in Melbourne of late, with temperatures skyrocketing to over 40 degrees. Since I've barely left the comfort of my air conditioned house (other than to escape to the comfort of the air conditioned movie theatre) I decided to make the most of a refreshing 25 degree day yesterday to organise a picnic! I've wanted to do it for quite a while, and yesterday we finally got off our butts and headed over to the Canterbury Gardens. We had all the typical picnic supplies - tartan rug, straw hamper, paper plates and cups, plus heaps of fooooooooood :) Was a lovely afternoon of gorging, then working the food off with some ball games. Followed by some serious sunbaking. Took me back to my childhood days of picnics with the family. All in all a great summer day.






kiss hug

1 comment:

terren said...

yay you finally got your picnic! it looks so fun. i love those braids from your previous post and now i'm going to go try them out. happy new year :)