Friday, May 29, 2009

much love for the nineties










Yes, I know it's currently a major trend. Yes, I realise I'm likely to fall deeply in love with the style of another decade within the next few months. But I have a serious fashion crush on the 90s. And I don't see it fading, no matter what trends flaunt themselves in shop windows and magazine spreads, trying to steal my affections away. Many people claim it's a moment in fashion history that should be forgotten, but I beg to differ. The cropped tops, the plaid pieces, the black and white, floral dresses, black ankle boots. The grungy, yet put together look. Think Empire Records, Bridget Fonda in Singles, Dazed and Confused, White Men Can't Jump, Single White Female. Really, how could the fluoro of the 80s, flares of the 70s or velvet of the 60s compare? I may be biased, having grown up in the era, but I stand by my claim - the 90s, a fashion moment to be savoured.

kiss hug

ps. check out some 90s nostalgia here

No comments: