Monday, October 8, 2007

So much love to give

I've been busy hitting the op shops of late! Dropping into all my local favourites, and coming home with my arms full of treasures.... I love second hand stores! I find it so satisfying to search through other peoples discards to find things that can be reworked, worn or used differently and born again. It gives me a way to be a bit creative and to think outside the square. Chain store shopping just doesnt do it for me anymore.

Some of my most recent finds...


Little saucer - i couldn't resist it, i've got a bit of a soft spot for anything pretty and flowery.


Ceramic figurine - it's pretty kitsch, just as i like it. Quirky little ornaments are my latest obsession.

Golden Books! Stores that realise their collectable quality sell them for $5-$8 each. I got 6 for $1.20.


Love this ooooold book. It says inside it was a Christmas present in the 30s. I found it in an antique store and couldn't resist it. It's falling apart a bit though, have to be very careful.


Bow hooks- I love anything with bows really, and these are so cute! I found them when i was about to leave in a little discount bin for 50c each. Discounted at an op shop. Does it get any better?


Silk scarves - these are an assortment i've found in vintage stores, op shops and my mum's drawers. I've started wearing them instead of necklaces sometimes, to add a little colour. Trying to work out some more interesting ways of wearing them though. Any suggestions?


blue and white checked shirt - i've been searching for a good shirt for a while, and this one was perfect! Looks so cute tucked into skinny legs jeans, or belted around the waist with an old brown leather belt.


BAGS - I have only ever bought myself 2 full price bags. The rest have been presents or second hand. In this pic pretty much all the little ones are from op shops - the navy one, the little brown one, the pale blue mesh one, the bright blue one and the metallic one. They're all I use when I go out at night!

Ahhh second hand is so much fun. i worked out recently that more than half my outfit was preloved. At least I know no-one else would be wearing the same thing!

Can't wait to set myself loose on the local Salvos this week!

kiss hug

No comments: