Friday, October 19, 2007

TV back in the day

The other night my best friend and I went on a trip down memory lane and spent a good hour looking up every TV show from our childhood that we could think of. Thank God for YouTube! It was amazing, after not having seen these shows for a good 10-15 years, the minute I heard their theme songs it all came flooding back. Surprisingly I still remembered most of the words!

I may be biased, but I believe that television from the 80s and 90s was so much better than it is today. Lift Off, Saved By the Bell, Ghostwriter, Johnson & Friends, Widget the Worldwatcher, Mr Squiggle, Samurai Pizza Cats, Alex Mack, Marsupilami, Aaahh!! Real Monsters, Genie from Downunder, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Darkwing Duck, Gumby, Full House, Mulligrubs, the Smurfs, Lambchop..... now they were quality shows. None of this Powder Puff Girls and Bratz crap that they have today.

Wow, I just realised I've officially hit the 'Back in my day...' stage. How scary.

But anyway, I've included the introductions from two of my favourite TV shows from when I was young. First one, Raggy Dolls. Loved that cartoon. But only on watching it back on YouTube did I realise that the females were all actually voiced by males putting on high pitched voices...Kind of gives it a different feel..



And another old favourite, Puddle Lane. All I remembered of this was a puddle on a cobbled street and a wizard.



I also came across this slightly disturbing Kinder Surprise ad from the 80s...I don't reaaallly get the point of it... Please feel free to enlighten me.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Ahhh the memories - I'm the only person I know who remembers Puddle Lane! You pretty much listed all my old favorite TV shows.