Thursday, October 18, 2007

very belated memories monday

and today's photo iiiiiis....drumroll please...


I love this photo. That's my mum in the middle. This is one of her many polaroids from a European trip in the 70s that I sort through on a regular basis. I love everything about this image. The colours, the framing, the location, the bikinis - it's so retro. I think mum was in her early 20s here, so only a couple of years older than I am now. When I look through the photos from the France portion of this trip, it's funny, because I have practically the same ones with my friends from when we were over there.

I'd love to be on that boat right now. While I've been cooped up slaving away on my final assignments, I've been dreaming about travelling. Anywhere. Interstate, overseas, hell, a couple of hours away to the coast. I'm raring to get away from Melbourne to just chill out and enjoy my freedom. Been spending a lot of time on the Lonely Planet website too, and my list of places to visit when I travel next year is increasing practically daily. All I need now is a job so I can fund the trip and someone to go with....

kiss hug

No comments: