Thursday, September 13, 2007

Premature celebrations

I know it's still very early days, but the release of the line-up for Pyramid Rock music festival in Phillip Island got me thinking about what I should do for New Years. Last year was a particularly uneventful night, but in its defence an AMAZING day followed. The vast majority of my friends were out of Melbourne ( in Phillip Island, on the Great Ocean Road and interstate generally) and my bestie and I had tickets to Summadayze the next day, so there was no need for a big night. We decided to just rock up to Chapel St, expecting to find the whole area as one big party. Instead, we arrived to find abut two restaurants open with a whole lot of middle aged bogans already wasted and 'boogie-ing' on down to shitty music. Hmmm as appealing as that was we had no choice but to head to Qbar down the road, to an event that we had recently sold our tickets to, having decided it would be crap and a waste of money. Luckily some underage girls had been knocked back when we arrived, and we graciously offered to buy their tickets off them. And we got them at a reduced price! Score.

Surprisingly we knew no-one there, we spent the few hours dancing by ourselves among a seriously grotty crowd, and following the midnight countdown we looked at eachother, nodded and headed home to my place. In fact I had more fun there, chatting until the wee hours of the morning about what we would wear the next day.

Thank god for Summadazye. That made up for the crappy night tenfold. Awesome crowd, awesome artists, awesome weather (other than the 30 mins or so of rain) and overall awesome day.




But I'm not so sure I want to go to Summadayze again this year. I'll be seeing Daft Punk in December, and I need to save money for trips to Sydney, Canberra, a road trip, and Europe later in the year. So I'm in need of some inspiration for New Years eve celebrations. I'm determined to get it right, every year it is such an anticlimax. Always a drama, a crap group, or a crap venue. So it's time to reverse that trend. I'm thinking a trip to someone's beachhouse on the coast. Lorne or Phillip Island perhaps? Any suggestions? What's on the cards for everyone's New Years?

kiss hug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking out Tswap's blog! :) The event is a one off so make sure you bring a t-shirt to swap! we have a great variety but first come first serve. Spread the good word!

Much Love,
Tswap Team

Anonymous said...

Moo, im going to be in melbourne so count ur friend fatesha in! the first time i haven't headed to country NSW.. aiee!

thanku muchly for dinner and sterling company xx

Pedro Baena Luna said...

Its courious your blog..I like live music too.. ciao¡¡