Monday, August 27, 2007

Memories Monday # 5

Nearly forgot my Memories Monday! Shock. Horror. This week's memory is from 2002, back when I was still at school.

In year 10 I headed over to France as part of an exchange program. We spent 2 weeks living with a French student, then 3 days in Paris at the end of the trip with the other Australians from our school, and the (small) group from the boys' school that had come over with us. In this pic we had just arrived at our hotel in Paris. I was lucky enough to have travelled over the other side of the world with 4 of my best friends- 3 of whom are pictured here (don't know where you were Pruey, but you did get a whole post devoted to you, so I don't feel so bad).
When we went up to our rooms in the hotel (in the red light district might I add) we were quick - and very happy- to discover that directly opposite us were a bunch of very cute Swiss-German boys, also on a school trip. Being typical over-excited, hot-blooded teenage girls, we then proceeded to spend most of our time while in the hotel rooms hanging out the windows talking and attempting to flirt with the guys. On the last night some of my friends were even so risque as to sneak off into the boys' rooms, while Pruey and I smuggled one of the hotter ones into ours. We fed him Vegemite, and felt extremely naughty, especially when our teacher came around looking for the other girls, and we had Stefan hiding in our bathroom...ohh good times.

2 comments:

SJ said...

I think Teachers do it on purpose - when I went to Berlin with school, our hotel was also in the red light district :)

Anonymous said...

Yeha scaramouche, i agree...

I think being in another countries red light district is a rite of passage for a young, innocent, impressionable student.

ps. runty, i took the photo xxx

pps. remember when rimo tried to open the door wider and u blocked it with ur foot? u had the speed of a mongoose that day...

xx prudence