Saturday, August 4, 2007

Noteworthy Oldies

In keeping with the theme of old things that I've been into lately - namely films, books, photos - I've compiled a list of some of the retro music I've been listening to.

  • My Funny Valentine - Nina Simone
  • I've Got You Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra
  • Fever - Ella Fitzgerald
  • Aint Misbehavin' - Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan
  • Dream a Little Dream of Me - Billie Holiday and Louis Armstrong
  • At Last - Ella Fitzgerald
  • Moon River - Frank Sinatra
  • She - Elvis Costello
  • Imagine - John Lennon
and if you're in the mood for something a little more up-tempo..

  • Danke Schoen - Yellow
  • Let's Hear It For the Boys - Denis Williams
  • Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
  • Hats Off to Larry - Del Shannon
  • Surf City - Jan and Dean
  • Hurts So Good - John Mellencamp
  • Sweet Talking Guy - The Chiffons
  • Hit the Road Jack - Ray Charles
Perfect road trip music (depending on who your fellow trippers are). I'm off to hunt down my double tape set of 60s hits.

kiss hug

No comments: