Tuesday, August 21, 2007

ode to prue

Well my good friend Prue has been hassling me about writing a 'feature post' on her... so, as I'm such a good friend, and I have a pile of homework I should be doing, I'm instead going to oblige and use this as a last ditch way to procrastinate.

here goes...
My friend's name is Prudence, but I like to refer to her as Prue, Pruey, P.Chilly, Fatty, Pumpkin or The Rock. I've known Prue since I started high school, and we were put in the same peer support group. Other than the fortnightly meetings, I didn't have that much to do with her, and I think that was pretty accurately displayed in her comment on me in a game of 'Warm and Fuzzies' that ended the year. And I quote:

'She was the #1 laugher at my jokes'

thanks for the deep insight into my personality Fatty.
Anyway when the start of year 8 rolled around, as fate would have it I found myself in a class with P.Chilly herself. As we shared friends, we became closer, and what followed was a year of gaiety, of (attempting) to make our own scary movies, of aerobics in form group, of dressing up in medieval costumes (Prudence was the Pope) and of getting our braces off. And we never looked back. Seven fun-filled years later we're still friends, still share our love of cheesy pop songs (most notably Shakaya - Cinderella and Vengaboys - We Like To Party), still have warped senses of humour and still hold fond memories of our dancing to ABBA and cheese eating on our special annual trips to Apollo Bay.

So, my Fatty, in honour of your upcoming 21st birthday, here is your feature post. A trip through our wonderful years spent together. And just to add to the vomit-worthy sickly-sweetness of it all...some of my fave pics of us :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!! this is the best ode to me ever.. and there has been so many!!

i just got home from work and this seriously brought a tear to my eye, especially the random photos of us that i forgot u had.. the pier at annecy for crips sakes!

just so u know, i read it whilst having a cup of tea and some choc ripple biscuits. yes, THE CHOC RIPPLE biscuits!
x
xxxx

Anonymous said...

ps. i realise now what people are talking about when they say "awkward puberty".....