Monday, August 13, 2007

Memory Mondays the Third

Oh! It's Monday, and you know what that means? Memory Monday #3! Please be impressed I didn't forget.

Today's reminiscing?


This is me with my brother and dad, at a restaurant in the Dandenongs called The Cuckoo. We used to make the trip out there as a family once or twice a year, before stuffing ourselves silly. The buffet they had there...my god, i get full just thinking about it. And I'm not talking about your usual local restaurant buffet - pizza, dry roast chicken and soft serve icecream for dessert- oh no. This place had bowls overflowing with juicy roast pork, a smorgasbord of cheeses, multiple types of caviar, cakes, pastries, pastas and the list goes on (and on and on). so good. They also had entertainment during meals, the one thing that sticks in my mind is the band pulling people up from their meals and getting them to play the spoons on their knees in front of everyone...my mum included. Every time we went there they also called out the names of anyone who was celebrating something - a birthday, anniversary or whatever else. i live in fear of that moment.. the visit that it was my birthday, I proceeded to hide under the table when they called my name.

yep, i've always been a confident girl.

kiss hug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.